What is the Genomics Showcase?
Wales Gene Park is organising a new and exciting Genomics Showcase in collaboration with Genomics Partnership Wales. The event will showcase genomics and its potential to improve healthcare for the people of Wales. The event will be live from 10.00am until 7pm. You can join and leave as many times as you like during the day, or stay logged-on for the duration!
- No travel required, enjoy this event from the comfort of your own home.
- Watch live online presentations from experts in the field of genetics/genomics.
- Download educational materials to access in your own time.
- Take part in hands-on activities.
- Test and improve your genomics knowledge.
- Access from your smartphone, tablet or computer from anywhere you choose.
- A series of talks throughout the day
- A Genomics Café - 2hrs in middle of the day
- A Twilight Debate – 1 hr at end of day
- An exhibition area with stands from various patient groups, charities etc
- A ‘Short Clips’ area - short films/animations on various genetics/genomics topics shown throughout the day
- Talks from key stakeholders and various other organisations
- An interactive games room with quizzes, puzzles and more
- Genomics Treasure Hunt
- DNA Extraction
This will be accessible to all but focussed towards students
- University stands
- Genomics careers information
Health Professionals & Researchers Zone
This will be a restricted area, accessible by invitation only due to confidentiality issues. The zone will include:
- Four/five simultaneous events consisting of presentations and talks
- An Exhibition Area where companies will have virtual stands, accessible all day
- A Poster Hall where academic posters will be displayed and can be visited at any time. There will also be the opportunity for the best posters to be presented as talks. (accessible to the public)